INTER-CLASS FOOTBALL WILL OPEN SEASON TODAY

GAME WITH WINNING ELI CLASS TEAM TO BE PLAYED

Class football, reorganized and revitalized, will start at 3.30 o'clock this afternoon with a meeting of all candidates in the Locker Building, it was announced last night by M. A. Cheek Jr. '26, captain and quarterback on last year's University eleven, who is in charge of class football this season. The interclass football this fall will mark the start of the University's new policy of athletics for all; and the opening activity on the definite program of inter-class sports which has been arranged.

Four new football fields were laid out during the summer for the use of the class teams and are now in good shape. Each team will have two coaches who will start immediately the task of rounding their men into shape for the opening of the series about October 15. Arrangements are now being made to bring about a meeting between the winning class teams of Harvard and Yale and the probable date for this clash will be November 12. Head Coach Horween of the University gridiron squad is a strong supporter of the inter-class program and the entire University coaching staff will be on the lookout for players of marked ability who will be raised to the Seconds or even to the University squads.

As a further inducement to participation in class football, individual trophies will be awarded to the members of the winning team and a shield with their names upon it will be hung in the Locker Building. At the next meeting of the Student Council the question of awarding class numerals to the members of the winning team will be taken up. Among the coaches who will take charge of the squad this season are K. S. Pfaffman '24, on the 1924 eleven, and John Donovan '22. Equipment will be distributed at the Locker Building before the initial meeting today.

The addition of the four new players fields is expected to give the inter-class teams for the first time sufficient room to carry on regular daily practice.