PIERIAN SODALITY TO INITIATE 120TH YEAR

STANHOPE TO WIELD CONDUCTOR BATON THIS SEASON

America's oldest musical organization, the Pierian Sodality, will enter upon its 120th season with its first meeting of the year at the Music Building next Thursday evening at 7 o'clock. The concert schedule has been improved this year to include an extensive tour in the Christmas vacation, besides a considerable number of shorter trips throughout the season. As usual, the concert at Sanders Theatre sometime in May will be the final concert.

The orchestra, well-known for its series of excellent conductors, will have as conductor this year, as last, G. S. Stanton '27, who has studied violin under Harrison Keller and worked under the batons of Agide Jacchia, conductor of the "Pops" and Serge Koussevitsky, conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.

All University Students Eligible

All members of the University are eligible to belong to the Pierian Sodality, and may enter the trials at the Music Building Thursday evening. Old members will not report at that time. The first rehearsal of the whole orchestra will not be held until next Monday at 7 o'clock.

There will also be a managerial competition, lasting eight weeks, for which Freshmen and Sophomores are eligible. The duties of candidates will offer opportunity to learn all features of the business side of orchestra work. Candidates will report to A. F. Hanna '27, at Holworthy 22 tonight at 7 o'clock.