FALL BASEBALL PLAYERS START PRACTICE TODAY

Coach Mitchell Begins Second Year With Former Championship Nine Almost Entire

Fall baseball practice will begin this afternoon when Coach Fred Mitchell meets the squad of candidates in the Locker Building at 2.30 o'clock.

As in former years the fall drills will consist chiefly in informal games between two picked nines each afternoon. Seven inning contests will feature the daily drill during the next three or four weeks.

With a championship nine from last season intact except for the 1926 leader, Tood, prospects are bright for another successful season under the tutelage of Coach Mitchell who begins today the second year of his three year contract as director of the Crimson's baseball tossers.

The fall squad will be deprived of the services of Isadere Zarakov '27, captain of the nine for the coming season, Henry Chauneey '28, regular backstop last year, and William Lord '28, substitute first baseman, who are members of the football squad.

Coach Mitchell has issued a call for all men who expect to play baseball next spring to be on hand this afternoon for the initial practice. Equipment will be supplied to all candidates reporting to the baseball supply room after 1.45 o'clock.