YALE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION PAYS TRIBUTE TO HALLOWELL

Lauds Him as Exemplar of Highest Standards in Sport

New Haven, Connecticut. January 18

The following tribute to the memory of John White Hallowell, Harvard '01, will appear in tomorrow morning's issue of the Yale Daily News:

"The members of the Executive Committee of the Board of Control of the Yale University Athletic Association unite in expressing to the officers of the Harvard Athletic Association, and those whom they represent, sincere sympathy in the loss of John White Hallowell, of the Harvard College Class of 1901, and deep regard for his constant devotion to the welfare of college athletics."

"In practice an exemplar, in policy an advocate, of the highest standards of college athletic sport. Mr. Hallowell, has from his undergraduate days onward been widely known and honored beyond, as well as within, the immediate circle of his own university. Mindful of the mutual interests and purposes which Mr. Halloowell served with high integrity and generous enthusiasm, the representatives of the Yale Athletic Association join with gratitude in commemorating his distinguished service."