K. OF C. GAMES TO BE TRACK OPENER

Holy Cross Quartet Won Event Last Year and Again Threatens--A. H. Miller Is Entered

At the Annual Games of the Boston Council of the Knights of Columbus at Mechanics Hall to be held tomorrow night, the University and Freshman track teams will be sent into their first competition of the year. As this is the only large meet of the season which will be held in Boston, it will serve as an excellent opportunity to get a line on the University track men.

The Harvard-Holy Cross clash in the 1560 yard relay will be the outstanding event of the evening. A year ago the Purple runners narrowly defeated the Crimson team in one of the greatest relay battles ever staged in Boston. It took the best Frank Burns could give to carry the Worcester men over the tape ahead of F. P. Kane '26, Harvard's great quarter miler. Burns will run again this year for Holy Cross. Brown, M. I. T., and Boston University have also been matched for a relay.

Miller Meets Hussey, Daley

Of equal importance will be the clash between A. H. Miller '27, the University's great speedster, Frank Hussey of Boston College, and George Daley of Holy Cross, in the 40 yard sprint. Hussey was the National A. A. U. champion two years ago, and last year ran a neck and neck race with Miller in the 70 yard dash. Daley is considered one of the fastest men to get off the mark.

At the training sessions on the last two Saturdays, time trials have been run off. The best quarter mile men seem to be A. H. O'Neil '28, C. S. T. Lundell '27, R. H. Ryan '28, R. T. Dunn '28, Brayton '28, and W. C. Peet '28. Captain E. C. Haggerty '27 and J. C. Real '28, next year's Cross Country leader, have been showing up well in the distance events. Miller, H. W. Burns '28, Lundell, and T. E. Dunn '29, will undoubtedly represent the University in the sprint events tomorrow.

Hollis Leads High Jumpers

Franklin Hollis '27 is the leading high-jumper. He is the first who shows promise of clearing the bar above six feet since the days of George Krogness '22, A. E. French '29 has been doing very close to 23 feet in the broad jump.

The team seems to be quite weak in the weight events. C. A. Pratt '28 and David Guarnaccia '29 have shown the best results in the shot put, but W. P. Locke '27 usually is at his best toward the end of the season. The longest throw so far has been 42 feet. The hammer-throwing department is the weakest of any. It suffered by the graduation of the University's three leading throwers, P. E. Berglund '26, C. H. Bradford '26, and Edmund Burke '26.

At pesent there is no outstanding material in this event, but Coach E. L. Farrell hopes to develop some throwers before the important meets arrive. The pole vaulters, however, have been doing extremely well. Both E. T. Clark '28 and B. G. Burbank '28 have been consistently clearing the bar at 12 feet, while R. B. O'R. Hocking '28 has been doing 11 and a half feet. This height will be considerably increased when the vaulters move out of doors.