FRESHMAN HOCKEY TEAM BATTLES ON MILTON RINK

Weather Permitting, 1930 Sextet Will Open Season Today--Schoolboys Have Strong Team

Provided the mercury takes a decided drop, the 1930 hockey team will open its season when it faces Milton Academy at 3 o'clock this afternoon on the schoolboy rink.

The Freshman sextet is untried, but promising. The starting lineup is composed of former schoolboy stars, and is backed by a second string composed of Cross, Davis, and Gray, forwards, Wetmore, defense, and Vogel, goal. Fuller, starting at right defense, will be facing his former teammates this afternoon. He was captain at Milton last year.

Milton has won two games downing Brookline 5 to 1 and Harvard Seconds 5 to 4. Wood, the centre, is the star of the team for the second year. Captain Batchelder, rugged football star, is strong on the defense. Milton's team is regarded as one of the best the school has over had and the Freshmen will have their hands full keeping up the spotless record gained by Freshman sextets for the last three years. The only game not won by the Freshmen in that time was at Milton two years ago, when the school boys battled Captain Saltonstall's team to a 3 to 3 tie.