LEADERS IN "SHOOT THE WORKS" ARE ANNOUNCED

GROSSMAN AND DONHAM PROVIDE MUSIC AND LYRICS

The opening performance of "Shoot the Works", the musical comedy to be presented this week by members of the Pi Eta Club, will be staged Friday evening, February 18, at the Pi Eta Theater.

The cast is distinguished by veteran and as well as new talent, and reads like a combined football and baseball lineup. The hero, Norman Rockwell, is portrayed by R. H. Booth '27, who is aided in his strenuous role by his pitching experience on last year's championship university baseball team. He is enamoured of one. Mary West, coy maid of the great open spaces, whose charms are subtly interpreted by Howard Whitmore '29, star not only of the stage but also of last year's Freshman team pitching staff.

Complications are plentiful in the romance when Dolores Casanova, vamp of Spain, comes on the stage, leading Rockwell's valet, Jimmy Walker, a merry tango. L. W. Grossman 1G.B, who wrote the music for last year's show and portrayed Nooky in the "Fool-for Scandal,", furnishes a large share of the comedy as Jimmie Walker. Spanish girls still have a thing or two to learn from C. R. Frazier '27, in the part of Dolores Casanova.

E. F. Gamache '27, center on the University football team and a member of the lacrosse team is foreman of the Ogden ranch in the part of Tom Mixer. R. W. Ayer '28, as Bull Montana, is the blustering sheriff.

The club has been fortunate in again securing Mr. G. V. C. Lord as coach, Mr. Lord's optimism over the possibilities of "Shoot the Works" has been unsurpassed during his 16 years of experience with Pi Eta productions.

The book for the play was written by R. H. Booth '27 and D. S. Gibbs '27 and deals with melodramatic adventure and romance of the Wild West. Richard Donham '27 and L. W. Grossman 1G.B., have collaborated on the music Donham is also writing the lyrics.

Six performances have been planned for "Shoot the Works." In addition to the opening night, performances will be given in Andover. Newton, Wellesley, and twice more at the Club Theater in Cambridge.

"Shoots the Works" is in the hands of H. A. Secrist '27, general manager, H. A. Wood '25, business manager, J. K. Whiting '29, publicity manager, E. H. Bailey '27, advertising manager, and D. F. Harding '27, ticket manager.