ENGINEERING FACULTY TO GIVE PUBLIC TALKS

TREATMENT OF MATERIAL TO BE NON-TECHNICAL

That members of the Faculty of the Engineering School will give a series of popular illustrated lectures on engineering subjects was announced last night by Professor H. S. Hughes, Dean of the School.

These lectures will concern the most important developments and discoveries in various fields of engineering, and to be understood will not require any knowledge of engineering. The series is an attempt to place the fundamentals of engineering before the public in the simplest, clearest way.

The first of these lectures is to be given Thursday, February 17, in 110 Pierce Hall at 4.30 o'clock. Nine lectures will be given in all, continuing until April 14.

The complete list of subjects, dates, and lectures is as follows:

February 17, Professor H. E. Clifford '89, "The Story of the Incandescent Lamp"; February 24, Professor L. S. Marks. "Engines for Airplanes"; March 3, Professor Grinnell Jones '08, "Explosives and Fertilizers from the air"; March 10, Professor G. W. Pierce '01, "Electric Oscillations and Radio Communication; with demonstrations"; March 17, Professor G. F. Swain, "The Development of Steel Structures"; March 24, Professor D. H. McLaughlin, "The World Search for Metallic Ores"; March 31. Professor G. M. Fair, "Supplying Half a Billion Gallons a Day of Drinking Water"; April 7, Professor A. E. Wells, "Floating Metals from their Ores"; April 14, Mr. H. M. Turner '06, Lecturer on Water Power Engineering. "Utilization of Water Power."