INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS SCORE TOUR DE FORCE

LOCAL TROUPERS ALSO LIONIZED AT TEA, DANCES, BANQUETS

The Instrumental Clubs arrived in Boston yesterday morning at 8.10, completing one of the most successful Christmas tours in its history. Fifty men made the trip, playing to packed houses in each of the eight southern and middle western cities in which they appeared.

Both financially and socially the trip was a success. The instrumentalists are credited with making money, covering new territory, and being asked back by enthusiastic audiences.

Chicago Pays Them Tribute

In Chicago the clubs played before a $3000 house in the crowded Orchestra Hall. A critical audience interrupted a Gold Coast number with bursts of applause. Earlier in the day Coach Arnold Horween '21 had addressed the members of the Clubs at a luncheon in their honor at the Harvard Club of Chicago.

The most enthusiastic audience of all was at Buffalo, N. Y. It broke into three numbers with applause, and demanded repeated encores. C. E. Henderson '28 at the piano, B. D. Hanighen '30 with his violin, and K. A. Perry '28 with his ventriloquist act scored especially.

Indianapolis Gives Them the Air.

In Indianapolis the Gold Coast Orchestra broadcasted dance music and specialty numbers. In Milwaukee, Wis., the instrumentalists broadcasted an entire concert. During the performance at Pabst Theatre in the latter city, Harvard graduates joined the members on the stage to sing "Fair Harvard."

The Vocal Club received much praise for its rendition of its numbers of the Gay Nineties, "Landlord, Fill the Flowing Bowl" and "Old King Wenceslas." The Mandolin Club scored with is song of the "The Volga Boatmen."

The musicians were entertained at private dances, teas, and luncheons in every stopping place. The Gold Coast Orchestra supplied music for all the tea dances, as well as the evening affairs at Indianapolis, Chicago, and Buffalo.