INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS PLAY AT JAMAICA PLAIN

VACATION AUDIENCES COMMEND LAST WEEK'S CONCERTS

The Instrumental Clubs, which recently returned from their most successful Christmas tour, will give a concert tonight in Eliot Hall, Jamaica Plain, at 8 o'clock. The concert is being given under the auspices of the Tuesday Club of Jamaica Plain.

All of the 51 men who made the tour are to participate tonight, as well as more than a score of others who complete the total roster of the clubs. The same program as that which brought applause from eight audiences last week will be presented tonight. The Banjo Club will play three numbers, and the Mandolin Club four. Eight songs are listed to be sung by the Vocal Club, although on the Christmas trip a medley of Yale, Princeton, and Harvard football songs was added to the regular program.

K. A. Perry '28 with a ventriloquist act. C. E. Henderson '28 on the piano and the goofus, and A. W. Lend '29 on the violin, will be the individuals to perform tonight. A number by a string quartette and a song by a double quartette will complete the program.

The recent journey of the Instrumental Clubs has brought many letters from the men sponsoring the concerts in the various cities. Regent Matthew Luce '91 has received a letter from J. A. Thayer '15 of Charleston. W. Va., who wrote: "The excellent performance, exemplary conduct, and fine impression generally on this community deserve a word of praise.

This representative musical organization has accomplished much in 'selling' Harvard to this community, where Princeton and Yale men predominate so far as the 'Big Three' are concerned."

A tribute from Bradlee Van Brunt of Milwaukee included the following statement: "I think that the principal things that impressed everyone was the variety of the program, the lack of the usual things that make such a concert more or less monotonous: and the splendid character of many of the individual performances."