ASSOCIATE MANAGERS ARE CHOSEN FOR FOUR SPORTS

Blackburn, Wells, Holbrook, Mulford to Assist in Football, Crew, Track and Baseball Respectively

Four out of the five newly created associate managerships announced this fall have already been filled. A. M. Blackburn '28 has been appointed associate manager for football, Mason Wells '28 for crew, A. A. Holbrook '28 for track, and William Mulford '28 for baseball. It has not yet been decided who will occupy the position of associate manager of hockey. All of these men will be awarded a minor sports H.

The associate managers are chosen from the same competitions as the managers. The man who takes second place in the Sophomore competition for second assistant football manager becomes manager of the second team his Junior year and associate football manager his Senior year. Somewhat similarly, the man who takes second place in the Sophomore competition for second assistant crew manager becomes manager of the 150-pound crew his Sophomore year, assistant associate crew manager his Junior year and associate manager his Senior year.

In the Sophomore competition for second assistant track manager the competitor who takes second place is appointed cross-country manager his Junior year and associate track manager his Senior year. The associate managerial competitions for baseball and hockey are similarly conducted.

Those Sophomores who wish to present themselves as candidates for associate crew manager should appear at a special meeting in the H. A. A. offices Monday at 7.15 o'clock. Very few men have as yet reported. This competition, which is of five weeks duration, is one of the shortest in the University.