"ALBERT"

Last year periodical announcements appeared of previously obscure persons who rose to merited fame and prominence by excellence in such arts as calling pigs and eating pan cakes. What seems to be the most recent addition to the number of domestic accomplishments by which glory may be achieved is that of husband-calling. A worthy matron from somewhere west of Boston has recently reached the limelight through her ability to enunciate, with whatever inflection of firmness of fervency is appropriate, the word "Albert."

The accomplished caller of Albert has become marked among women, and it is gratifying to reflect that the patient Albert is due to have his name immortalized in return. It is inconceivable that, even with all her genius, his spouse could have risen to such proficiency unless she had had him to practice on. In what manner he provided occasion for his wife to exercise her vocal gifts will probably never be known; his efforts, or his misfortunes, will remain as one more quiet sacrifice to progress. It is enough to know that he has been true to his calling, but what he was called will never be known.