ELEVEN PREPARES FOR HOLY CROSS AIR ATTACK

FIRST TEAM LINE-UP REMAINS UNCHANGED

Last year a Holy Cross football team, completely beaten at the end of the first half, started to throw forward passes with bewildering accuracy past the Crimson secondaries and finally emerged from the Stadium battle on the long end of a 19 to 14 score. The possibility of a repetition of last year's disastrous second half in the Harvard-Holy Cross clash tomorrow has induced the University coaches to concentrate on the development of a forward pass defense.

After a brief half hour on fundamentals in yesterday's practice session, the University squad went through more than an hour's dummy scrimmage against a typical Holy Cross passing attack, as demonstrated by an eleven composed entirely of coaches. All the Crimson backs got a chance to show their ability in breaking up the Purple aerial combinations. Although the coaches succeeded in completing a considerable number of their tosses, the University defense appeared to be faster and more wide awake than it has shown itself in the two contests played so far this year.

Seconds Meet St. John's

No changes were made in the Team A line-up yesterday, the first Crimson eleven remaining as it was at the conclusion of Tuesday's scirmmage. A. E. French '29 replaced all of the regular backs except B. W. Burns '28 at one time or another during yesterday's work-out, but it is unlikely that he will be called on to face the Purple at the opening whistle tomorrow. W. R. Harper '30, according to present indications, should be in the University backfield with J. P. Crosby '28 and David Guarnaccia '29, and H. W. Burns '28 calling signals.

This afternoon at 4 o'clock the University Seconds will meet St. John's Preparatory School on Soldiers Field in the second game of their season. Last week they triumphed over the U. S. Coast, Guard Academy by a 19 to 0 score. The Second team line-up follows: l.e., Joseph Morrill '28; l.t., G. H. Norris '29; l.g., M. T. Adams '28; c. F. H. Browne; r.g., E. A. Wood '29; r.t., A. A. Campbell '30; r.e., Joseph Hammer '28; q.b., John Noble '30; backs, D. L. Garrison '28, F. S. Grant '29, and H. I. Parker '29.