THREAT OF PURPLE FORWARD PASSING ATTACK LOOMS BIG

H. W. Burns, Harper, Parkinson and Prior Slated to Start--Absence of Punter University Problem

Clad in royal purple and flinging, if reports may be trusted, a mean forward pass, the Crusaders of Holy Cross will invade the Stadium today to resume hostilities with the Crimson eleven. The whistle will send the rivals against each other at 2.30 o'clock.

For the past two years the visitors from Worcester have carried back the scalps of Harvard teams. This year Coach O'Donnell is bringing a team which has not been scored on in its three initial encounters against weak opposition. The sailors from Newport Naval Base fell by 33 to 0 before the Purple St. John's College fought to a hard 7 to 0 loss, and University of Dayton was topped 18 to 0, last week.

A deadly array of passes proved the salvation of Holy Cross last year, and Coach Arnold Horween '20 and his staff have been grooming the Crimson defense all this week against a similar attack on Soldiers Field today.

Several changes will be made in the University starting line-up today. During the week John Parkinson '29 replaced R. W. Turner '28 at left guard, and H. W. Burns '28 stepped in at quarterback, ousting G. K. Brown '28. Two new comers who are named to start this afternoon are W. R. Harper '30, hard running back whose play brightened the closing minutes of the Purdue game, who will take the place of W. W. Lord '28 at right end.

One problem presented by the designated Harvard line up is the total absence of any players known as kickers. Speculation turns into several channels regarding the probable punting choice. Captain C. A. Pratt '28, who won the punting contest last spring, may come out of his tackle berth to do the kicking, or J. P. Crosby '28, stellar halfback may receive the nomination.