AMES COMPETITION TO OPEN FOR LAW SCHOOL

93 PER CENT OF SECOND YEAR CLASS ENROLLED

The second-year round of the Ames Competition will begin today when the Board of Student Advisors issues cases to the 34 competiting Law Clubs. These clubs, which include a total of 272 men, number ten more than the clubs which entered the second-year phase of the competition last year.

After a three week period for preparation of briefs and one week to prepare oral arguments, the second-year clubs will begin to argue their cases. Thereafter there will be three debates every evening in Austin Hall until the Christmas holidays. Some Boston attorney and three Law School men will preside at all the contests.

Eighty first-year clubs including 640 men, or 93 per cent of the class, have been organized under the supervision of the Board, members of which are now on duty afternoons and evenings at the Round Table in Langdell Hall to assist first-year men in the preparation of their cases.

The Board of Student Advisors in charge of the Ames Competition has been organized with W. J. Milde 3L as chairman for the year. J. G. Laylin 3L is to have charge of the first-year courts, C. D. Kyle 3L of the second-year courts, and W. C. Poletti 3L of the third-year courts. The other members of the Board are A. J. Bronstein 3L, C. L. Colson 2L, B. B. Fensterstock 3L, W. E. Hoagland 2L, J. G. Laylin 3L, H. W. Lilley 3L, H. H. W. Lewis 3L, W. J. Maier 3L, F. L. Pitner 2L, H. M. Shambaugh 3L, and G. L. Sterling Jr. 3L. The men who serve on the Board are chosen by the dean and faculty of the Law School on the basis of scholastic standing.