GIVES THREE PRIZES IN CURRENT EVENTS CONTEST

IS OPEN TO ALL UNDERGRADUATES NOT FORMER PRIZE-WINNERS

World events since May. 1927, will be the general subject of the New York Times Current Events Prize Contest to be held during the coming winter and spring, open to undergraduates of various Eastern colleges and universities, of which Harvard is one.

In each institution three prizes will be awarded on the basis of an examination to be held in April, and the best paper among all the first prize winners will receive the grand prize of $500, won in the spring of 1926 by C.E. Wyzanski Jr. '27.

Essays to be written in the examination will be judged on the extend of knowledge and understanding of current events shown by the students. While heretofore only one prize has been allotted to each university, it has been decided that in order to stimulate greater interest in the competition, three prizes will be awarded in each institution, a first prize of $150, a second prize of $75, and a third prize of $25. In addition the winner of the first award is presented with a medal.

The papers of the first prize winners will be sent for examination to an impartial committee which will select the winner of the grand prize. Elimination of the special examination for the latter makes the competition less onerous this year than heretofore.

The competition is open to all undergraduates, except former prize-winners, in the following colleges and universities:

Amherst, Annapolis, Brown, Bryn Mawr, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, Michigan, Mt. Holyoke, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Smith, Vassar, Virginia, Wellesley, West Point, Williams, and Yale