HOOSIERS CONCEDE EVEN CHANCES AT BEST TO CRIMSON

Burns, Crosby, Harper and Mason Start in Backfield--Last Minute Changes, However, Imminent

At the beginning of the current gridiron season the intersectional clash with Indiana was regarded as one of the soft spots on the Harvard schedule. But the showing the Hoosier's have made recently against such strong teams as Minnesota and Notre Dame has caused experts to take a different view toward today's contest, and the University eleven is conceded at best an even chance of victory.

The announcement last night that A.H. French '29, for the past two years one of the University's leading ground gainers and punters, has developed an infection, which will probably preclude any chance of his getting in today's game, has turned the odds in favor of the Westerners. The loss of French means that H.W. Burns '28 will have to carry most of the quarter-back assignment today, while the Crimson punting will devolve on T.F. Mason '30, Sophomore back who has recently been promoted to the Team A ranks.

The squad of Indiana players and coaches arrived in Cambridge early yesterday afternoon and went through a short work-out on the Stadium gridiron. The Western University will be represented today by a comparatively light, but scrappy and fast eleven. Coach Page's Hoosiers are noted for their stubborn defensive play, and their four man shift in the line on the offense. The fact that both Harvard and Indiana have crimson as their official color has led the invaders to abandon their traditional jersies in order to avoid confusion on the field today. Just what color they intend to wear in the place of their usual crim- son, however, was not divulged by the Indiana managers last night.

According to Coach Arnold Horween '20 no definite changes have been made in the line-up announced yesterday morning, but the Crimson mentor likewise intimated that changes in the University eleven might be expected right up until 2 o'clock this afternoon, the time set for the opening kick-off of today's game.

This means that F.A. Clark '29, B.C. Tripp '28, and J.G. Douglas '30 are still slated to start in the forward line in place of J.E. Barrett '30, John Parkinson '29, and W.W. Lord '28, and that the starting backfield will be composed of J.P. Crosby '28, T.F. Mason '30, and W.R. Harper '30, with H.W. Burns '28 calling signals