BARNARD ASSOCIATES HOLD FIRST MEETING

Bibliophiles Elect Officers for Year--Peabody Chosen Honorary President

The John Barnard Associates, an organization formed last February in memory of John Barnard 1700, for the purpose of fostering the love of books and furthering the work of that bibliophile, held a meeting on Monday evening in their club room at 20 South Street, to elect officers and formulate plans for the coming season.

Barnard was a Marblehead minister who donated his entire collection of books to the College upon the burning of the library about the middle of the eighteenth century. The Associates have banded together in order to discuss matters of mutual bookish interest: to hold exhibitions of valuable books belonging to Harvard men: and to print catalogues and papers which may serve to stimulate a more active interest in the objects of the society.

The following officers for 1927-1928 were elected at Monday night's meeting; Honorary President, Professor F. G. Peabody '69; Chairman, E. H. L. Sexton '25; Clerk, C. H. Pforzheimer, Jr '28; Treasurer, D. H. Gordon '25; Typographer, E. A. Wieser '28.

Professor A. C. Coolidge '87 was made an honorary member, and among those elected to resident membership are Professor H E Rollins Ph. D. '17, and Convad Aiken 11. The new non-resident members include F. E. Parker Jr. '18 of New York, G. W. Thayer '06 of Cleveland, H. S. Morgan '23 of New York, and J. H. G. Pell '26 of Ticonderoga, New York.