CLASS FOOTBALL TEAMS TASTE FIRST SCRIMMAGE OF SEASON

1928 Eleven Shows Greatest Power in Initial Workout

Coach M. A. Cheek '26 sent the class teams into their first scrimmage of the season yesterday afternoon.

A first and second string Senior team played for nearly an hour, B. B. Long '28 starring at quarterback.

The most sensational play of the afternoon occurred when D. F. Campbell '28 intercepted a forward pass and ran through the whole second team for a touchdown.

William Mulford '28 played a hard driving game at tackle while Campbell was exceptionally good on the defense at left end.

All the classes went through preliminary dummy practice before the scrimmaging began between two teams from each class squad. The Seniors showed far more power and coordination than either the Juniors or Sophomores, the 1930 backfield being unable to get away for any consistent gains, largely because of poor passing from the center.

The first game will be held next Friday between the Juniors and Seniors, and from then on games will be played every Tuesday and Friday, the season winding up with a game between the champion University class team and the winner of the Yale class series.