TELLS OF FORMER AND PRESENT BROWN FEELING

Graduate Says Confidence in "Iron Men" Is Great--Big Game Spirit Prevails

The following article was written for the Crimson by H. B. Mistr 1G.B., a graduate of Brown University in 1927.

The game tomorrow carries one back to the times when Brown men made annual pilgrimages to Cambridge knowing that their team would be fighting against tremendous odds. A victory once in a decade was hoped for Brown, a small college, was hardly considered a rival by Harvard men. Now, however, the attitude of undergraduates in both universities has changed. Brown men consider the winning of the Harvard game essential to a good season. In four of the past four years Brown has beaten Harvard and has created the belief that it can be done again. Brown no longer goes into the game fighting for a place in the sun.

Brown comes to Soldiers Field today to retrieve in some measure the prestige that is its due. Their task will be a difficult one for they meet an in-and-out Harvard team that is equally anxious to rise from mediocrity. Brown men come to Boston feeling that the latent power and brilliance of the team will flash again as it did a year ago. Memories of the great team of 1926 and the belief that the "Iron men" can and will come back have created an interest in the game that exceeds that of any year in the history of the series.

The men from Providence bring with them the feeling that something un looked for and unexpected will happen. They are confident that their team is better by far than it has shown thus far. While defeat has been dogging the heels of the Bruins, the team is far from a beaten organization as it faces tomorrow's kickoff. The team has a lot of football ability stored away, and Brown men are momentarily expecting the combination to uncover the coordination and rhythm that will make it a properly functioning team. The team has lost to be sure, but has been fighting all the way, and is in no way disgraced. The morale of the men is high, and the spirit of the team is good.

The "big game" spirit prevails among all Brown men. Brown looks to the Harvard game as the chief hope in a season that has been devoid of major victories. A Brown victory over Harvard, an honored rival, has always been an indication of a successful season. A win today will mean even more than it has in the past and will set to rest unfounded rumors of dissension among the squad.

A capacity crowd will witness a team and its followers whose spirit, win or lose, is essentially unchanged. The loyalty of Brown men has been demonstrated year after year regardless of the past success of the team