AFTER ALL--

No matter what is said on such occasions as these, when a game has been won, lost or tied, the reader is perfectly logical in his own pre-conceived opinion that (a) it has been said before, (b) it has been said better and (c) it need never have been said at all. Such prejudices, coupled with the fact that no one has ever yet succeeded in finishing an editorial during the exodus from Soldiers Field, would seem to make all comments, including this one, unnecessary. Nevertheless even extras have editorial columns so the only proper course of action in to grit one's metaphorical teeth, grasp the Cornn firmly in hand and on a Thursday evening offer glittering generalities concerning the results of the coming Saturday's game. All of which is being very, very frank and allowing one's self an unlimited array of alibis in any case.

Yale has come up to Cambridge and Harvard has gone down to New Haven often enough to take for granted all ceremonial expressions of good-fellowship. The CRIMSON, however, has yet to grow tired of trying to psychoanalyze the very amicable relations which exist now and always have existed between the two universities. Sometime it hopes to lay its ink besmeared finger on that at present indefinable quality which makes a Yale man fit so pleasantly, if temporarily, into the Cambridge scene. If it fails in its introspection the cause will lie in the fact that certain things are so elusive as to remain permanently intangible.

Meanwhile--and this particular meanwhile is a very precious period--Yale is here; so perhaps the finest appreciation of the occasion is to forget scores, bad seats, traffic problems, ways and means of entertainment, even to forget editorials, and to enjoy realities--for, again, Yale is here.