DEAN BRIGGS EULOGIZES HAUGHTON AT DEDICATION

Former Dean Le Baron R. Briggs '75 paid glowing tribute to Percy D. Haughton '99, most famous of all Harvard football coaches, at the dedication this morning of the dignified memorial to the great mentor, set in cypress trees before the Soldiers Field locker building.

Characterizing Haughton as a man "unquenchable in spirit, irresistable in command feared, loved and honored by all." Dean Briggs told of the inspired leadership which kept Harvard at the pinnacle of football supremacy for eight years.

The Reverand Sherard Buildings '80, of Groton, teacher of Haughton. In his schoolboy days and his lifelong friend, opened the simple dedicatory exercises with a prayer. Following him came Dean Briggs. Then the memorial was presented to the University by J.W. Farley '99, Chairman of the Haughton Memorial at Committee, and formally accepted by C.F. Adams '88, Treasurer of the University, who said in part, "We are glad to have this memory kept fresh in the heads and hearts of the generations of Harvard boys who will use this field in the hope that it will inspire them also to give their best for their teammates and their college."