HONOR GREATEST CRIMSON GRIDIRON MENTOR TODAY AT SCENE OF TRIUMPHS

Dedicate Memorial to Percy D. Haughton '99 at 11 O'clock in front of Locker Building

Percy D. Haughton '99, Harvard's greatest football coach, who led the Crimson to the pinnacle of intercollegiate football during his eight-year regime, will be honored today at the scene of his former triumphs.

A stone memorial to the famous mentor will be dedicated in front of the Soldiers Field Locker Building at 11 o'clock. The ceremonies will open with a prayer by the Reverend Sherard Billings, headmaster of Groton School, where Haughton prepared for Harvard. The monument will then be unveiled by some person not yet designated.

J.W. Farley '99, chairman of the Haughton Memorial Committee, will present the memorial to the University. C.F. Adams '88, Treasurer if the University will formally accept it.

The center of the three has-reliefs on the face of the memorial shows Haughton halting on one knee on the sidelines megaphone in hand, keenly watching the play on the field. This relief is flanked the one side by a figure punting, and on the other by a picture of a line plunge.

The original design provided for a granite tablet, but the plan has been set aside for a temporary limestone setting until a place is chosen for a permanent monument.

Invitations to the ceremonies have been sent to the President and Fellows of the University, the subscribers to the memorial fund, members of the Class of 1899, to all members of the squads coached by Haughton at Harvard, and to the players on the 1899 baseball team, which he led as captain.