Tradition Stirs Harvard Team to Fighting Stand Against Eli

Yale Supporters Expect Wide Margin--Tackles Especially Powerful

By The YALE News

When the Yale Building takes the field against Harvard this afternoon, Horween's men will have to be on the watch for a varied program of events. Johnny Hoben will probably use a straight line-Lucking style attack with passes inter posed as the situation suggests. Straight football seems to agree with Elis and disagree with their opponents. At least the scenes in the Bowl this season have indicated such. Jones however has groomed his men for the last two weeks with a bag of tricks and no one can say when they with be put into use.

Who do we think will win? Yale has to edge, and if they show the stuff we watched last Saturday, will be easy victors. On they other hand Harvard always puts up its best game against the Blue as in the 1925 game.

Stalwart Eddy Decker, Yale's defensive fullback, will bear watching. An ever-present bulwark to be met by Harvard ball-carriers, a veritable basket to throw forward passes into, and a powerful place of interfering material on the offense. Decker has an indomitable grit and spirit that keeps his teammates plugging. Garvey and Hammersley, both skillful runners, fair punters, and game youngsters will ably fill the missing Caldwell's place.

On the line, Scott and Fishwick are slow getting down under punts but are sturdy tacklers, and neither knows what dropping a forward pass means. Fishwiek will probably have in mind his last game in the Stadium when he took Tibby Bunnell's place as a greenhorn, and will have to show Harvard that Tad Jones has found the right position for the lanky ex-quarterback. Quarrier and Eddy are two husky tackles who should give Harvard's linemen a ride. In addition Eddy can boot the pigskin over the goal line every time on the kick-off. The writer does not think either of the Eli tackles have been getting their just dues in the reports of the games. Half of the beautiful runs of Yale backs are only possible because Red Quarrier and Max Eddie open up holes a mile wide.