UNIVERSITY SQUAD LEAVES TODAY FOR CLASH WITH PENN

Douglas, Potter, and Mason Other 1930 Players Likely to Start--Little Basis for Comparison of Teams

Although the starting line-up for the Penn game Saturday has not yet been definiteely picked, indications on the eve of the squad's departure for Philadelphia point to the substitution of R. A. Stewart '30 for John Parkinson '29 as the only change likely in the Team A combination which has been working together this week.

Stewart appeared in the first string combination in yesterday's dummy scrimmage drill, and appears because of his superior weight as a probable fixture in the Crimson line. If Coach Arnold Horween '20 decides to start the rest of the players who compose Team A at present against the Quakers, Stewart will be the fourth Sophomore in the University line-up. F. G. Douglas '30, who started his first University game at right end against Indiana last Saturday is still holding down this position and appears to have justified his promotion to first string rank by his work in the Hoosier contest.

The other two Sophomores are T. F. Mason '30 and J. W. Potter '30, whose status is still somewhat, uncertain. It is an open question as to whether they are second string backs playing, as part of the Crimson strategical program, on Team A. or are actually rated by the coaches next to J. P. Crosby '28 as the most reliable members of the University backfield squad.

Although a great deal has been written and said about the relative strength of the Harvard and Penn teams, about Harvard's line driving power, new forward passing attack, and wealth of first class backs, and the Penn passing threat and stubborn defensive strength, there is practically no basis for a reliable comparison of the two elevens.