Additional Half-Courses to be Given During the Coming Term

Numerous Visiting Professors to Take Part in Second Term Curriculum

Announcement of second half-year courses of instruction supplementary to those given in the regular bulletin of courses was made last night by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. Six new courses are listed, three in Astronomy, two in Psychology, and one in Fine Arts. Four courses will be omitted, three of them in the Psychological field, and one in History. Changes are announced in 12 courses.

Visiting professors play a large part in the second half-year of instruction. Professor Adolph Goldschmidt, of the University of Berlin, is in charge of half-courses on Dutch Painting and on Medieval Painting; Professor Poibram, from the University of Vienna, will give a half-course on the history of the Hapsburg Monarchy, while Professor Buhler, also of the Viennese institution, will take part in courses in Psychologq. Professor Persons of Boston University is giving a course in Economics.

The new list follows:

NEW COURSES

For Undergraduates and Graduates

Fine Arts 5u. Technique and Aims of Italian Sculpture. Thursday, from 2 to 4 o'clock. Professor Maclagan. (XVI, XVII)

Primarily for Graduates

Astronomy 9. Theoretical Astrophysics. Lectures and seminar (three times a week; hours to be arranged). Mr. H. H. Plaskett, Dominion Astrophysical Observatory, Victoria, B. C.

The subjects treated will include spectroscopy, spectrophotometry, radiative equilibrium, Eddington's mass-luminosity law, the Saha and Fowler-Milne equations.

Astronomy 20c. Research. Astrophysics. Mr. H. H. Plaskett.

Astronomy 20d. Research. Stellar Statistics. Assistant Professor Luyten.

Psychology 28a. Seminary in Psychology. Theory of Language and Thinking Wednesday evenings at 7.30 o'clock. Professor Buhler, University of Vienna.

Psychology 31a. Theoretical Psychology. Tuesday, Thursday Saturday at 11 o'clock. Professor Buhler. (XIII)

CHANGES IN COURSES

For Undergraduates and Graduates

Fine Arts 4g. Dutch Painting of the Seventeenth Century. Thursday at 10 o'clock and, (at the pleasure of the instructor) Tuesday at 10 o'clock. Professor Adoph Goldschmidt, University of Berlin. (XII)

Primarily for Graduates

Fine Arts 14c. Romanesque Architecture. Monday, Wednesday. Friday at 3 o'clock. Professor Porter. (This course announced to be omitted in 1927-28 is being given as a full course and may, with the consent of the instructor, be taken in either half year as a half course.) (VIII)

*Fine Arts 14t. Seminary on Mediaeval Painting. Tuesday, Thursday, from 4 to 5 o'clock. Professor Adolph Goldschmidt. (XVIII)

For Undergraduates and Graduates

History 2h. History of the Hapsburg Monarchy. Professor Pribram, University of Vienna.

(Previously announced as History 2 to be given Monday, Wednesday at 11 o'clock, this half-course will be given Tuesday and Thursday at 10 o'clock and a third hour at the pleasure of the instructor.)

Economics 4b. Economics of Corporations. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 11 o'clock. Professor A. S. Dewing, Graduate School of Business Administration. (XIII)

Economics 6a. Trade-Unionism and Allied Problems. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 10 o'clock. Professor C. E. Persons, Boston University, assisted by Mr. Joslyn. (XII)

(Previously announced to be given by Professor Ripley.)

Education B. Educational Psychology and Mental Hygiene. Tuesday. Thursday, Saturday, at 10 o'clock. Mr. Selzer with the cooperation of Professor Dearborn. (XII)

Philosophy 14b. English Philosophy from Bacon to Hume. Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 11 o'clock. Dr. Wild.

(Previously announced to be given by Mr. Kirby-Miller) (IV)

Primarily For Undergraduates

Psychology A. Introduction to Psychology: General Principles. Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 2 o'clock. Assistant Professor Pratt and assistants. (VII)

Primarily For Graduates

*Psychology 28. Seminary in Psychology. A Fundamental Problem selected by the Seminary. Associate Professor Boring. (This half-course will be given Monday evenings at 7.30 o'clock instead of Wednesday evenings at 7.45 o'clock as previously anounced.)

*Psychology 20. Special Research in Psychology. Professor Buhler will be one of the Instructors.

*Psychology 20a. Psychological Laboratory. Professor Buhler will be one of the instructors.

COURSES OMITTED

History 40. History of France in the Seventeenth and Eighteenth Centuries.

Psychology 9. Aesthetics. Assistant Professor Pratt.

Psychology 22. History of Psychology.

Psychology 20c. Research in Comparative Psychology

*Courses demand consent of instructor for registration.