OFFERS STUDENTS THESPIAN CAREER

Jewett Willing to Assist Promising Actors and Authors--Daly Will Handle Applications.

Feeling that the stage should offer a profession to students, as desirable as the other avocations of the world, such as banking, teaching, or manufacturing, Mr. Henry Jewett, Director of the Repertory Theatre, said yesterday in an interview with a CRIMSON reporter, that he was planning to offer to a limited number of Harvard students interested in the theatre, either from an acting or playwriting point of view, opportunities to train themselves under his and his company's direction.

"The Repertory Theatre," Mr. Jewett said, "is striving to put before the public the best type of drama and acting possible; hence, if a man should decide to go on the stage, or to write, and is willing to train here, he will have the guidance of experienced actors ready to assist him in any need that may arise.

"The plan," he went on to say, "is to have the students who are interested in acting, begin as all of the most famous actors have, by playing in minor parts, until they are experienced enough to assume more difficult roles, then if they show that they have talent enough, the Repertory Theatre is willing to lend them assistance in leading on to a stage success.

"Work of this nature," he said, "is naturally difficult, and requires a lot of the students time, for he must rehearse as well as act." He may only have one or two lines in an entire performance, but while he is waiting for his cue, he will also be listening to the principals and observing how they act, and in this way will receive the best part of his training."

The Repertory applications will be handled through W. W. Daly '14, Secretary for Student Employment, and students interested in the work should see him.