"THE YARD" IS MAILED TO UNIVERSITY GRADUATES

Fund Council Publication Goes With Purpose -- Contributions Expected From Alumni

Last Saturday 49,000 copies of "The Yard" semiannual publication of the Alumni Fund Council, were sent to graduates of the University. The purpose of this circulation is to collect money from Harvard graduates, which is turned over to the President and Fellows to use as they see most fit. "The Yard" serves as a reminder of the fact that such a thing as the Alumni Fund exists.

"The Yard" contains news of the University that graduates would not otherwise recive. In 1927, 4,800 men contributed a total sum of $150,00. Compared with 1926 this shows an increase of 20 percent in the amount contributed, and 45 percent in the number of contributed. On January 1 the Fund begins its third year.

The current issue contains a bird's-eye view of the Business School, the Stadium and the new baseball cage; also a hither to unpublished photograph of the Harvard and Yale University crews taken at The Hotel Griswold several days before the annual race.