TO PLAY OFF INTER-CLASS SQUASH FINALS THIS WEEK

N. S. BARNES IS CHAMPION OF JUNIOR CLASS

With the championship of the Junior class definitely decided by the 3-0 victory of N. S. Barnes '29 over Mark Hopkins '29, pre-holiday squash will be marked this week by the playing off of the finals of the rest of the inter-class squash tournament.

Seeded from 40 participants, Henry Lockhart ocC. who defeated H. G. Swann '28, 3-0, will clash this week for the championship of the Senior class tournament with the winner of the match to be played by H. C. Bartlett '28 and J. C. Scudder '28.

In the Sophomore semi-finals, only four men remain who will have a chance to compete for the crown in this class. E. M. Warburg '30 defeated G. W. Olvey '30, 3-0. R. B. Gierash '30 defeated R. G. Tinnerholm '30, 2-0. Either Warburg or Gierash will encounter the winner of the match to be contested today between G. M. Murphy '30 and R. B. Honigsberg '31.

The Graduate Schools have advanced only to the third round of their tournament. This delay can be accounted for by the large number of entries. The winner of the Graduate School contest will meet the title-holder of the undergraduate tournament to determine the squash champion of the University.

Probably the largest number of squash enthusiasts that has ever participated in a University squash tournament signed up at the opening of the meet which is the first inter-class and inter-departmental competition of the kind ever held.