German-American Awards Announced

The Institution of International Education announces a series of scholarships given by ten universities in Germany to enable American students to study abroad. These scholarships are in the nature of an exchange; for each American student who goes abroad there is a German student who comes to some American university or college to study.

Any American student who is a citizen of the United States and is between the ages of 20 and 30 is eligible for the scholarship, providing that he has had at least two years study of the German language in some American university or college and has acquired a proficiency in than language that will enable him to take courses given in German. Every student, before being accepted as an exchange, must be thoroughly recommended by his instructor.

The scholarships amounting to a sum of $1200 takes care of everything except traveling expenses to and from Germany. Any further information desired may be had by writing to the Institution of International Education located at 522 Fifth Avenue, New York City.