CRIMSON ALUMNI SEXTET DOWNS GREEN GRADUATES

Outshoot Dartmouth by 5 to 3 Score in Frantic Game at Arena--Long Shots Prevail--Owen Spectacular

Ghosts of the past glories of intercollegiate hockey revived last night when two sextets of Harvard and Dartmouth alumni fought and frolicked on the Arena ice for 45 minutes giving themselves and those attending the St. Moritz Carnival an evening of uproarious run. When they added up the score, the Harvard graduates were ahead by 5 to 3.

Long shots, daring chances, and rough scrimmages featured the game. The work of the rival goal guards suffered from a lack of practice, and more goals were tallied from long shots and mad scrambles than is usual in a college game. With five minutes of the second period gone. Everett, Dartmouth right wing, took a mad swipe at the puck, sent it three-fourths the length of the Arena, and sunk it for a score.

George Owen '23, pivot on the Crimson combination, was the star of the play. His sweeping dashes up and down the ice, leaving prostrate foes behind him, were the most spectacular events of a spectacular evening.

Joseph Stubbs '20, newly-appointed coach of the University six, gave an excellent account of himself at left defense. Clarence Wanamaker, Yale mentor, who was scheduled to play center for the Green, did not appear.

The summary:

Score, Harvard 5, Dartmouth 3. Goals--First period; Clark (3:00), Ellison (4.30), Crosby (9:19), Everett (14:25). Second period: Bright (1:23), Manser (2:45), Everett (5:29), Third period: Crosby (5:16). Penalty: Owen and Perry (roughing), Referee, Richard Ferguson, Yale. Time, three 15-minute periods.

HARVARD  DARTMOUTHHodder, Martin, l.w.  r.w., EverettOwen, c.  c., Manser, RoweBright, Ladd, r.w.  l.w., LyonStubbs, Ellison, Crosby, l.d.  r.d., HardyClarke, r.d.  l.d., PerryHiggins, g.  g., Learne