"Do You Want A Body?" Stumps University 7600 Oracle--Another Voice Asks Chinese Version of "How's Your Oil?"

Nothing less than mental Omnipotence is required of the University Information Desk in University Hall which embarks February 11 upon its second year of answering a great many questions which would cause a Britannica Encyclopedia to go into hysterics. The well-meaning, secluded, unassuming little Desk is called upon to answer questions dealing with everything from a morgue to an employment office. The Sphinx of Egypt would blush with shame at its riddle if it could hear some of the enigmas coming over the wires to University 4.

"Can you tell me what to do with my 22-year old son?" was the request in the dulcet tones of a fond but foolish mother. He is very mischievous and misbehaved, and I simply can't do a thing with him. Do you think it a good idea to put him on a boat under a stern old sea captain all summer and not permit him to land?"

The Desk had not erased the wrinkles of perplexity caused by this problem from its brow when the other telephone tinkled.

"Do you want to buy a dead body?" was the forthcoming question in a business-like feminine voice.

But some masculine "puzzlers" are on record too.

"How do you say 'How is your oil?' in Chinese?" Presented difficulties and the Information Desk just couldn't tell an old man with whom he could converse in Dutch.

One old lady wanted the interest on her mortgage computed, and another caused a great deal of trouble when she become so curious as to demand the colors of every college and university in the country.

"Did somebody leave my watch here" inquired a frantic eyed student.

Nothing could balk the Information Desk. Like the sphinx--it is very wise.