‘A Big Win’: Harvard Expands Kosher Options in Undergraduate Dining Halls

Top Republicans Ask Harvard to Detail Plans for Handling Campus Protests in New Semester

Harvard’s Graduate Union Installs Third New President in Less Than 1 Year

Harvard Settles With Applied Physics Professor Who Sued Over Tenure Denial

Longtime Harvard Social Studies Director Anya Bassett Remembered As ‘Greatest Mentor’

136 WILL ATTEND MASTERS MEETING

Meeting is Held Today and Tomorrow Here and at M. I. T.--Headmasters Will Dine at Union

The thirty-fifth annual meeting of the Head Masters Association, numbering 98 active and 38 honorary members, will be held today and tomorrow, February 11 and 12, at the University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

On Friday morning President Samuel D. Stratton will welcome the Association to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The members will be addressed by Professor Harry W. Tyler, head of the department of mathematics at the Institute, and, after inspecting the buildings, will be the guests of the Institute at luncheon.

In the afternoon President Lowell will welcome the Association in the Faculty Room of University Hall. At the business meeting to follow there will be reports of officers and committees, and Professor Carl C. Brigham of Princeton, Chairman of the College Entrance Examination Board Committee that prepared and administered the 1926 tests, will discuss "The Scholastic Aptitude Test." This will be followed by talks on "The Rejected Candidate for Admission to College" by Henry Pennypacker '88, Chairman of the University's Committee on Admission, and President Benjamin T. Marshall of the Connecticut College for Women. Subsequent discussion will be opened by William C. Hill '01, of the Springfield Central High School, and William M. Irvine, of Mercersburg Academy.

Dean Briggs to be Present

At the dinner in the Harvard Union this evening Dean Briggs and Professor Charles H. Grandgent '83 will be present, and a double quartet from the Glee Club will sing under the leadership of Dr. A. T. Davison '05.

Rooms in Massachusetts Hall and Lionel Hall will be reserved for the use of members of the Association, and the University has invited them to take breakfast and luncheon tomorrow and breakfast on Sunday in Standish.

Tomorrow morning in the Faculty Room of University Hall Professor Leo R. Lewis '89 of the Tufts College Department of Music, and Ralph L. Baldwin, Supervisor of Music in Hartford public schools, will consider the question of "How to Stimulate the Appreciation and Practice of Good Music". The discussion will be led by Otis W. Caldwell, of the Lincoln School of New York City, Frank S. Hackett of the Riverdale Country Day School, New York, and Eugene R. Smith, of the Beaver Country Day School of Chestnut Hill.

Business Session Follows

In the afternoon, after a business session in University Hall, "The Significance and Influence of the Liberal Spirit in Modern Education" will be discussed by Morton Snyder, Secretary of the Progressive Education Association, general discussion being opened by Winfield C. Akers, of the Brookline High School, Eugene C. Alder '99 of the Blake School in Minneapolis, Minn., and Frank D. Slutz '11 of the Moraine Park School of Dayton, Ohio. Professor Bancroft Beatley '15 of the Graduate School of Education, will talk on "The Professional Equipment of the Head Master", and discussion will be led by Charles B. Newton '98 of the Pingry School in Elizabeth, N. J., and Charles C. Tillinghast of the Horace Mann School for Boys at Fieldston, N. Y.

Richard M. Gummere of the Penn Charter School of Philadelphia, will then speak in memory of the late Colonel William R. Webb, headmaster of the Webb School at Bellbuckle, Tenn.