Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Bob Lampoon Will Make Debut on Stage of University Theatre--To Play Piccolo in Scotch Garb

Bob Lampoon, diminutive landmark of Mt. Auburn Street and well known piccolo player yesterday announced this evening as the date of his professional debut when he will take the stage in a solo at the University Theatre's stag smoker.

Dressed in a Scotch outfit, "real Scotch", avers the musician, he will give a performance on his piccolo surpassing the wildest dreams of his audience. Those who do not believe the accepted story of the death of Lampy's tree, are inclined to accept Bob's words that "it just doubled up with excitement when I was practising."

If the audience decides to renumerate Bob for his services, he earnestly requests, the Lampoon announced, that it should throw the money on the stage in envelopes, and not in loose coinage, as the player wants to save time collecting, and also does not wish to leave the proceeds of his success for his successors.

When questioned as to whether he would make an extemporaneous speech, he asked for the dictionary. It is rumored, however, that a short dissertion on the prohibition question may be forthcoming. Positive information has not as yet been received but it is expected that the Lampoon board will attend and occupy the stage boxes.

In addition to this attraction the management announces that the performance, starting at 11.30 o'clock sharp, will consist of eight vandeville acts. In making this present bid for the University's patronage, several acts from the Keith-Albee Exchange have been booked.

The performance, for men only, a unique provision, is being carefully watched, and the management hopes it will be able to repeat the feature.