FIVE IS ONLY LOSER IN WEEKEND GAMES

Fencing, Wrestling, and Polo Outfits Conquer Opponents--Victories Are by Liberal Margins

The 40 to 29 defeat which a strong Dartmouth quintet handed the University basket tossers was the only setback suffered by Crimson minor sport teams last Saturday. Three other contests saw Harvard on the long end of the scores, the foilsmen winning their first meet from B. U., while both wrestling and polo teams were also successful. All three Crimson victories were by large margins, B. U. going down 9 to 0, Tufts losing on the mats 19 to 10 and the 51st Artillery Brigade succumbing to a fast University trio 13 1-2 to 1-2.

Although the Crimson scored first in the basketball encounter at Hanover, and in the opening minutes had slight advantage over the Green, it was not held long, and as soon as the opponents had passed the Crimson score they took a commanding lead and held it through-out the rest of the game.

Better in all departments of the game, the green quintet drew steadily away from the Crimson and at the half was leading 22 to 15 From then on, the margin increased but slightly, the game ending with Dartmouth leading by 11 points.

Leekley Leads Crimson Scoring

Leekley of Harvard and Heep of the home team load in scoring, each contributing 15 points to their team's total. The game was fast and well played with the edge decidedly in favor of the Green. It was the first time in which a Dartmouth team coached by Lewis Wachter has turned back a Harvard team under the tutelage of his brother.

In the fencing match with Boston University, the Crimson showed complete superiority, and the 9-0 margin of victory shows the relative strength of the foilsmen.

There were no epee matches as the visitors had no men in that department. In the foils matches Captain R. P. Outerbridge '27 was easily the best of those competing, and disposed of Wolfson, Lavine and Feldman of the Terrier team in short order. This year is the first time that B. U. has ever had a fencing team.

The men have been practicing daily since November, and Coach Danguy has had ample time to watch them and pick the best possible combination. Regular weekly tournaments have been held and as a result the men are in excellent practice and should continue their winning stride when they oppose Yale. Dartmouth, M. I. T. and Columbia.

Tufts succumbed to the matmen by the comfortable margin of 19-10.