"SHOOT THE WORKS" TO HAVE PREMIERE TONIGHT

STORY CENTERS AROUND BANDIT "FLAMING DEATH"

The Pi Eta Club presents in its theatre tonight the opening performance of "Shoot the Works," a play dealing with life in Arizona.

The book is the work of R. H. Booth '27 and Donald Gibbs '27, while the lengthy musical score was composed by Richard Donham '27 and C. W. Grossman 1 G B. The Club expects that the two tunes "Once Upon a Time" and "Carry Me Back" will prove especially successful.

R. H. Booth, besides being a co-author of the book, will take the part of William Rockwell, and in that capacity courts the favor of Mary Ogden, played by Howard Whitmore '29.

"Flaming Death" Center Role

The story centers around a bandit named "Flaming Death" who terrorizes the Arizona ranch of "Pa" Ogden.

E. F. Gamache '27 plays the part of Tom Mixer, the jealous lover, while the comedy element is taken care of by L. W. Grossman 1 G B as Jimmy and C. R. Frazier '27 playing the part of a Spanish girl Dolores Casanova.

The "Bold Bad Sherriff" blayed by R. W. Ayer '28, is the part that sets the note of burlesque upon which the whole play is based.

The second act of the show is set in Jake's saloon, where the chorus is given a good chance to display its costumes and skill.

"Shoot the Works" will be given twice again in Cambridge after tonight, on the evenings of February 23 and 25. The following night it goes to Andover, from there to Player's Hall, West Newton, on February 28, and closes at Alumnae Hall at Wellesley on the night of March 5.

Tickets for the show are now on sale at the Cooperative Society, Leavitt and Peirce, and Herrick's. These will be sold to students at $2.20 a piece.