CRIMSON SQUASH PLAYERS WIN TWO NATIONAL TITLES

Beaten in Semi-Finals by 3 to 2 Score--Buffalo Players Whitewashed in Finals by 5 to 0

Detroit, Mich., February 22.

By defeating the Buffalo team 5 to 0 here today in the National Tournament the University racquet men won the national team title for the thirteenth time since 1911. In the individual play the crown which was won last year by W. P. Dixon '25, went to M. P. Baken 3M when he defeated Dixon by three out of four matches yesterday afternoon.

In the finals for the team championship the University racquet wielders downed the Buffalo outfit without much trouble. In each match the University players were clearly superior although at times the Buffalo racquet men desplayed a flashy but erratic style.

Baker, in the finals for the individual title, downed Dixon by scores of 17 to 14, 16 to 13, and 15 to 12. Dixon won the second match by 15 to 9. The play was fast but it was apparent from the first that the former title holder was unable to find his stride.

Crimson Holds Title Monopoly

A review of the National Tournament records shows that the individual crown has almost always been won by a graduate of the University. Since 1911, the University teams have won 12 team championships, while Yale has held the title twice, the Cresent A. C. once and Princeton once.