HOCKEY LAURELS BECKON CRIMSON IN GAME TONIGHT

Records of Crimson and Green Head All Eastern Sextets--Freshmen Lose to St. Paul's 1 to 0.

Concord N. H., February 22--In an overtime struggle the St. Paul's School hockey team today defeated the Harvard Freshmen 1 to 0.

The game was fiercely contested throughout, and only the slightly more finished forward combination of the schoolboys clinched the victory. HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Tudor l.w.  r.w. Rogers Scott c.  c. Gurdner Zarakov, r.w.  l.w. Fryberger Ellison l.d.  r.d. Hardy Clark r.d.  l.d. Lano Morrill g.  g. Bott

Last year the Harvard and Dartmouth sextets came neck and neck down the home stretch of the hockey season, to clash at the Arena for the mythical Eastern championship. A 3 to 2 triumph for the Crimson, and a victory over Yale in the final of the Eli series brought the laurels to Captain Cumings' men.

Crimson Close to Title

Tonight at 8.15 o'clock in the Arena, Crimson and Green will meet again, and again a victory for the University skaters will place them in a position to claim the championship crown if they conquer Yale on Saturday night. Of the Eastern college sextets, Harvard and Dartmouth have the best early season records, and a late-season clash between the two teams assumes all the color of a titular affair.

Green Already Humbled

Last month the Hanoverians invaded the Arena, to fall before the Crimson onslaught by a 4 to 2 score. The superiority shown by Captain Ellison's team in that contest must count heavily in any attempt to forecast tonight's result. The Harvard record to date is more impressive than that of the Green. A 4 to 3 decision yielded to McGill in an overtime contest early in the season, and a 1 to 1 deadlock with the Toronto skaters, are the only blemishes on the scroll that presents a fine array of Crimson victories, including a 6 to 3 triumph over the University Club sextet, rated as the strongest amateur outfit in the East.

Besides its upset by the University, the Green sextet has dropped a 4 to 2 contest to Williams, whom it had previously toppled on three occasions, and played a three-period overtime 1 to 1 deadlock with Yale, which fell before Harvard last Saturday. Beyond this, Dartmouth boasts a 4 to 3 victory over Yale in two overtime periods, two triumphs over Princeton, and four conquests of other outfits.

The Green lineup at the face off is expected to be similar to the one which fought the Crimson a fast battle in the former engagement. Fryberger, Gardner and Rogers comprise a speedy forward line, while Captain Hardy and Lane, of football fame, at the points, were the stars of the last encounter. In R. Fryberger, speedy forward who starred last year, the Green will have a powerful' threat in reserve.

With the squad in good condition, Coach Bigelow will probably start the team that has skated onto the ice at the start of the last games. In the Yale game Tudor, Scott and Zarakov were clearly superior as an attacking unit to Gross, Chase and Hamlen, and are likely to bear the brunt of the Crimson offense tonight.

Crimson Close to Title

Green Already Humbled