LAMPY DESERTS AUTOS FOR COPS AND MURDERS

BLUE COATED REVIEWER FINDS DEPTH IN EDITORIALS

The following review of the current issue of the Lampoon is written by Kendall Foss '27, former President of the Advocate.

"Sure and its a broth of a fine Lampoon" stated Officer O'---thought to be connected with the Cambridge Police Force. He was speaking of Lampy's Automobile number, so called for no apparent reason.

The officer was particularly pleased with the opening cartoon illustrating the Cambridge police habit of being right on the scene of every murder, even if they have to commit it themselves. Turning to the editorials, he was impressed by a search of thought on the part of the Editor, except for the highly decorative letter beginning the page. This the officer took to be a neat allusion to the whaling administered the undergraduates by his colleagues.

He was particularly gratified by the picture on page 57, foreshadowing with its theatre-full of policemen some Utopian form of city government under which policemen should be admitted free to theatres as they now are to street-cars and peanut-stands.

Officer O'--- failed to produce the mythical seventy-five cent cigars which, according to rumor were received as a token of esteem from unknown admirers in Princeton, N. J. The magazine was discussed no further, for the officer read only with difficulty in the absence of his spectacles.

"When the trouble began," apologized the arm of the law. "I put them in a pocket where I thought they'd be safe. It's a caution how some of these students use their boots."