THREE OVERTIME PERIODS FAIL TO BREAK DEADLOCK

Dartmouth Captain Knots Count Near Close of Third Period--Miracle Stop by Coady Saves Counter

In the third period of last night's game at the Arena, Captain Hardy of the Dartmouth six took the puck on a long dash down the center of the ice, swooped to the right, cut to left, and flicked the puck past the reaching stick of Morrill into the Crimson net. The 2 to 2 tie that this score created resisted the attempts of three overtime periods to break it.

With the titular color that the records of the two teams lent to the game, the play was hard, and speedy, and kept the Arena in an uproar. The visitors started with a rush, and with the Fryberger brothers leading fierce charges down the ice, time and again pierced the Crimson defense. Only the stellar work of Morrill at goal saved more than one Green counter in these opening minutes.

The first two periods saw Captain Ellison's men outplaying the Hanoverians, tightening their defense at critical moments, and always forming a group around the cage to take the rebounds of the Dartmouth shots, and save possible following shots for scores. As the game wore on, the greater endurance of the Green skaters told, and speedier skating and fast stick-handling gave Dartmouth the edge in the closing minutes.

Stanley and Coady Score

From the opening fall of the puck, both teams set a fast pace that told on the players and found both teams exhausted at the close of the game. After 12 minutes of play in the first period, Coady whirled down the right lane, and launched a wicked shot that skidded past the net, right into Stanley, waiting in front of the cage. From a cluster of Green defense men, the Crimson substitute slipped the disc through and past Bott for the first score. In the second stanza, Coady took the puck down center ice, and his crashing drive straight into the heart of the Green goal gave the Crimson its second score.

The second period was almost at an and when R. Fryberger sweeping in and out of the Crimson defense, evaded all his opponents and poked the puck past Morrill for his team's initial counter.

Coady Makes Wonder Save

Hough, fast play, with many long shots and wild scrambles in front of the cages featured the overtime periods. Late in the second ten minutes Lane swept across the ice and cracked the puck with a vicious backhander that was deflected and rolled gently toward the Crimson net. Morrill had been drawn from his post, and with no one on guard. Coady reached out and with the tip of his stick turned the disc aside, saving what would have been the winning score. HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Tudor, Gross l.w.  r.w. Rogers, R. Fryberger Scott, Chase c.  c. Gardner, Bayler Zarakov, Stanley r.w.  l.w. W. Fryberger Clark, Coady l.d.  r.d. Hardy Ellison, Stanley r.d.  l.d. Lane, Shea Morrill g.  g. Sott

Score--Harvard 2. Dartmouth 2.

Goals--Stanley, Coady, R. Fryberger, Hardy, Penalties--R. Fryberger, checking; Shea, roughing; zirakor, checking, Tudor, checking; Lane, checking; W. Fryberger, tripping; Tudor, roughing; Shea, roughing; R. Fryberger, tripping, Referees--Foote, Enwright. Time--Three 20-minute periods; three 10-minute overtime periods.

Score--Harvard 2. Dartmouth 2.