SECOND SQUASH TEAM CLINCHES ITS MATCH

FRESHMEN FACE STRONG ST. PAUL TEAM TODAY

The second University Squash Racquets team started its race for the runner up berth in the Massachusetts State Championship in League B Yesterday afternoon, when four out of the five matches against the Tennis and Racquet Club were played off. The Crimson racquet men won three of the matches.

Iselin found considerable difficulty in defeating Burnham number one player on the Tennis and Racquet team. Forced to his limit in the first game the University player overcame his opponent with comparative ease in the second encounter by a 15-10 score Burnham staged a comeback in the third game and by his accurate placements caught Iselin at 14-14. The later flashed all his knowledge of court tactics and battled through to a victory at 18-15.

Bohlen Gives Thacher Fight

Thacher defeated Bohlen 3 to 2 after a gruelling session on the court. He took the first game after a sew saw battle with an 18-15 count. Bohlen turned the tables in the next game by taking the University court man into camp by a 15-16 score. Thacher took the third game, but dropped the fourth by the same count. In the fifth round he steadied down to take the game and match. The team suffered its first setback of the afternoon when Gammell swept Stewart to defeat. Oliver made up for this by defeating Gardner easily at 15-13, 15-10 and 15-12. Dupertuls will play Bright this afternoon in the final session of the match. The "B" quintet will play its final match of the season next Saturday.

The 1930 players will journey to Concord this morning to tackle the St. Paul's school players. The "A" team met them at the start of the season and although winning by a clean sweep were hard pressed by several of the schoolboy racquet wielders. The "C" team will be made up of the following men N. S. Hardie, E. M. Shelton, G. L. Ware, B. F. Davis, E. M. M. Warburg.