1930 NOMINATIONS ARE DELAYED FOR TEN DAYS

Doubt About Midyear Marks Causes Postponement--Announcement to be Made February 17

The postponement of the nominations for the 1930 class election of officers was announced last night by the Student Council Committee on Freshman Activities.

The election of Freshman class officers was previously set for Tuesday, February 15, and the nominations by the Student Council Committee for each office, president, vice-president, and secretary-treasurer, were to be made today. The announcement, however, will not be made until Thursday, February 17, and the election will take place one week later, on Thursday, February 24.

The postponement of the nominations is caused by the necessity of checking up on the scholastic standing of the names at present on the list. Probation will disqualify any man from holding a position as officer of the class, and no name can appear on the 1930 ballot until the Student Council is assured that it is scholastically sanctioned. Inasmuch as there is no way of checking up on the standing of the nominations until the office has a complete record of midyear marks the list is withheld from publication.

Last fall in the 1928 elections three nominees were put on the ballot who could not be voted upon, because of probation. That this will not be repeated is the intention of the Student Council in holding up the nominations until the list of those in good standing is determined.

When the nominations are published, additions to the list can be made by petitions bearing 25 signatures of members of the class of 1930.