INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS CALL OUT CANDIDATES

SIX CONCERTS ARE PLANNED FOR NEXT MONTH

The midwinter trials of the Instrumental Clubs will be held tonight between 7 and 9 o'clock in the Music Building.

Men will be tried out for the Banjo Club, Mandolin Club, Vocal Club, and Specialty Division. Particular attention is given the fact that the more units a man participates in, the greater will be his value to the clubs, although good men in any one line will be welcomed.

The Instrumental Clubs are open to all the members of the University, including Freshman and Graduate Students. Men entering the clubs as Freshmen will have a great advantage over men from the class of 1930 entering the Clubs in future season. The rehearsals of the Club will not conflict with those of the Freshman Musical Clubs.

Many Instruments Acceptable

The following instruments will be accepted for the Mandolin Club: mandolin, mandola, mando-cello, guitar, violin, viola, cello, and bass viol. For the Banjo Club the tenor banjo, straight banjo, piano, traps, saxophone, cornet, flute and the piccolo are eligible.

Any novelty acts or instruments of unusual variety will be considered and judged by the Specialty Division. Clog dancing, sleight of hand, ventriloquism, crayon drawing, xylophone playing, the Hawaiian guitar, accordian and the saw come under the Specialty Acts.

The Vocal Club will test the various ranges of voice, designating the candidates as first and second tenors, baritone, and bass. Solo and quartet candidates will be welcomed. Previous experience is not absolutely essential.

There will be six more Instrumental Club concerts this year, one at Portland on February 26, Exeter on February 27, Brattle Hall on March 4, New York City on March 5, Harvard Union on March 8, and New Bedford on March 11. Men successful in tonight's trials will be eligible for the New York trip.

Plans are being made for a southern trip next Christmas, New Orleans being the ultimate destination.