SPEAKERS ANNOUNCED BY THE DEBATING UNION

STOREY AND ROWE COMPLETE LIST OF SPEAKERS

At 7.30 o'clock on Tuesday evening, February 15, the Debating Union will inaugurate its series of meetings during the Spring term with a discussion on the question "Resolved: that this house supports the administration in its Nicaraguan and Mexican policy." The debate will take place in the Living Room of the Union.

E. M. Rowe '28 will introduce the question, speaking in favor of the administration. P. M. Brown, professor of International Law at Princeton University, will also uphold the affirmative side of the discussion. Professor Brown has recently returned from Nicaragua, where he made a detailed study of the situation. He was secretary of the legation to Guatemala and Honduras from 1903 until 1907, being charge d'affaires at various times. Between 1908 and 1910, he was an instructor of International Law at Harvard.

Moorfield Storey '66 of Boston, and S. de J. Osborne 1G, of Guatemala City, Guatemala, will attack the administration's policy. Mr. Storey has played a very prominent role in the political world. President of the American Bar Association in 1898, he became prominent in the National Civil Service Reform League a few years later. In 1905 he was president of the Anti-Imperialist League. Mr. Storey delivered the God-kin lectures at the University in 1920. He has published a volume treating the question "What Shall We Do With Our Dependencies?"

Professor A. B. Hart '80, Professor Emeritus of United States History, Professor C. H. Haring '07 professor of Latin American History, and J. W. Perkins 1L, have been asked to speak at the meeting, at which D. W. Chapman '27 will preside.