HOYT GIVES FOGG VALUABLE POTTERY

Gift Makes University's Chinese Pottery Collection One of Most Complete in World

With the sending to the Fogg Museum of his collection of some 200 pieces of early Chinese pottery of the Han and Tang dynasties, Mr. Charles Bain Hoyt of New York has raised this branch of the Museum's possessions to a position among the three most important collections of Chinese pottery in the world.

Second only to the Peters Collection in New York City and the Eumonfoupolos Collection in London, Mr. Hoyt's benefaction is the most important received by the Museum in a great while.

A distinguished collector of Oriental pottery, Mr. Hoyt now turns out to be one of the most generous and powerful patrons of the Museum, by permanently depositing his treasures with the University.

Not only does the collection include this world-famous pottery, but early bronzes and statuary as well.

By his continuing interest and active cooperation with the directors of the Museum, Mr. Hoyt expects to make his donation a living collection which will continue to improve during the coming years.

These treasures will be installed shortly in the Oriental rooms of the new Museum and will be on exhibition on June 20, the official opening day.