PRINCETON SENIOR COUNCIL TENDERS ITS RESIGNATION

Princeton, N. J. February 28--The Senior Council of Princeton tendered its resignation today as a result of the prohibition of student ownership and operation of automobiles by the Board of Trustees.

The following is the text of the resolution:

To the Undergraduates of Princeton University:

Whereas the status of student self government at Princeton appears to us inderminate at present, inasmuch as a decision vitally affecting undergraduate life has recently been reached with disregard for student opinion:

And whereas we feel that the time has come for a definite understanding between the Administration and the Student Body as to the actual power which shall be exercised by a student governing body:

We, the 1927 Senior Council, here by tender our resignation, to take effect at once.

In taking this action we wish it to be clear that we are expressing neither objection nor approval regarding the substance of the act of the Board of Trustees forbidding student ownership and operation of automobiles, but that we are expressing objection to the principle involved in its passage. The Senior Council