DRAMATIC CLUB SPRING SEASON OPENS MONDAY

"THE TAMING OF THE SHREW" IS ON THE SPRING BILL

Spring competitions for all departments but acting of the Dramatic Club will get under way with a meeting to be held in the Faculty Room of the Union Monday at 7:30 o'clock.

Shakespeare's "Taming of the Shrew" will be offered as the spring production this year. The presentation of this comedy will be unusual; for it has been decided to abandon the traditional costumes and action, and to present it as a thoroughly up-to-date farce.

The single experiment of renovating a play of Shakespeare was made by a professional company in London and New York. In that case, only the physical surroundings of "Hamlet" were changed; the Dramatic Club however, will not cling to even the old lines, wherever it is found that new will add to the up-to-date character of the production.

Trials for parts in the play have already been held, but the cast has not yet been announced.

Heads Will Speak

On Monday the heads of the different departments of the club will make short addresses in order to outline the work which the candidates will undertake.

A speaker, who will be announced at a later date, will address the open meeting about the work which the Dramatic Club has accomplished in the past. Basil Dean, noted English theatrical producer, and E. E. Clive of the Copley Theatre have spoken in the past. Kingsley Perry '28, President of the club, has received the conditional acceptance of an equally prominent speaker, who in all probability will address the meeting.