SPIKES TO FLASH ON CINDERS TODAY

Large Number of Veterans to Report With Opening of Season--First Meet Is on April 23.

Today, for the first time this spring, the spiked shoes of the Crimson track men will tear up the cinders of Soldiers Field. Having started its winter season a very uncertain quantity the squad will start the outdoor grind bolstered up by the memory of a Triangular meet victory against Dartmouth and Cornell for the third consecutive year, and with the Indoor Intercollegiate title in its possession.

The practice will start with a meeting at the Locker Building at 3 o'clock of all the candidates. Coach E. L. Farrell, Captain E. C. Haggerty '27, Manager Gleason and Director of Athletics W. J. Bingham '16 will address the gathering.

Pratt Prominent in Weights

In the weight events C. A. Pratt '27, C. M. Lindner '27, and H. N. Shapiro '27 will throw the hammer, C. A. Pratt '27 and W. P. Locke '27 the discus and these two men and David Guarnaccia '29 the shot. In the javelin throw T. G. Moore '29 are the best present bets. These are only last year's scorers and much new talent may be uncovered this spring.

The team will start training immediately for the first meet against Technology on April 23, the last Saturday of the vacation. A skeleton team will be sent to the Penn Relays on April 30. There will then be the Edvin Wide exhibition on May 7 with the class meet; and the Dartmouth meet will follow here on May 14. On the 21st the trackmen will journey to New Haven and then close their American season in the Intercollegiates at Philadelphia on May 28. The two men who finsh first and second in every event but the discus, hammer and javelin will represent Harvard and Yale at the Oxford-Cambridge meet at Stamford Bridge outside of London on July 9.