1930 DEBATERS REACH HEIGHT OF ACTIVITY

DEBATING CLUB SEPARATE GROUP STARTS WORK

Two Freshman teams will take the debating platform tomorrow against Yale and Princeton. While the one team journeys to Princeton the other team will meet Yale in the Smith Hall Common Room at 8 o'clock. These are the only debates the Freshman squad will hold this year. E. G. Mantle '28, secretary of the University debating team will preside over the meeting here.

Debating Club Draws 30

The Freshman debating club, which is an organization entirely separated from the debating team was organized last week and has embarked on its spring work. 30 first year men have already joined and more are expected to seek membership in the near future. Their first meeting was held last Tuesday in which the members were listed and the general procedure for the next months outlined. The organization, which is officially "The 1930 Debating Club" will be concerned mainly with informal discussion and may later have inter dormitory debates and encounters with Exeter and Andover.

The Freshmen debaters who will oppose Yale will be; C. N. Comstock, M. V. Anastos, and F. B. Thurber, with G. M. Parker as alternate. E. H. Hubbard. P. H. Sharp, and J. H. Silverman will argue against Princeton. M. W. Mansur will act as alternate.

Next Gathering Set For April 5

The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 5, and at this assembly new Freshmen may join as charter members. There will also be a discussion on the subject, "Resolved: That all War debts should be cancelled," which will be lead by D. K. Carroll '30 and J. K. Hurd '30.