Mellifluous Melodies Disturb Studious Seniors as Ancient Tradition is Revived--Missiles, Cops Fail to Quiet Songsters

The classic calm of Harvard Yard was disturbed last night for the first time in the present decade by the blended voices of over a hundred singing seniors. Formerly one of the University's most cherished traditions, the melodies of strolling Senior bands on Spring nights ceased with the advent of the Great War and were allowed by succeeding class to linger unnoticed among the shades of the past.

Last night just as the bulk of the Yard's population was setting back to thoughts of divisional and theses, a small group of Seniors whose identity remains unknown took up a stand in front of Mower Hall and sent up a challenge to the musical genius of their classmates. Soon from all the surrounding dormitories erstwhile students poured out, coatless and shirtless, and joined in the ever swelling volume of song. Tin cans, fruit, and other missiles came from unfriendly windows, but even these and the remonstrances of two-Yard cops proved insufficient to dampen the vocal ardor of the assembled crowd.

Most of the leading men in the graduating class made up part of the chorus. Daley, Haggerty, Coady, Miller, Sayles and other prominent bearers of the Crimson on many a past athletic field adding a lusty strain to the music Joe Duble also lent his mellifluous tenor to the football songs and old favorites, and for a while Bob Lampoon, noted piccolo player, supported the experiment with the weight of his musical genius.